Dear ones, we are just a few days away from the next full moon, have you been feeling the energy building towards this super moon? The moon is turning full on Tuesday 14th June at 12:51(bst). June’s full moon goes by a few names; the Strawberry Moon, the Rose Moon, the Mead Moon and the Honey Moon. All these names relate to what is in season this month; strawberries are ripening, roses are in bloom, honey would have been harvested this month and also June’s full moon often takes on a rosey hue. I personally connect with this as the Rose moon as I adore roses and they are everywhere in my local area right now.
For this full moon we will have the sun in Gemini and the moon in Sagittarius, these two signs compliment each other really well as both are to do with the mind, knowledge and expansion. Sagittarius is a masculine fire sign, ruled by the planet Jupiter and the 9th house of Philosophy and long distance journeys. Jupiter is often referred to as the great benefactor, it is the largest of the planets and has the largest number of moons so has this beautiful expansive and abundant quality. Sagittarius moon is a wonderful time to focus on manifesting your dreams, cultivating gratitude and joy, and elevating your thoughts. It is a wonderful time to embrace adventure, freedom and to step outside your comfort zone.
Sagittarians are ever curious about the world they live in, they are constantly reaching out to connect with their environment and those around them. They are knowledge seekers, globe trotters, adventurers and explorers. This full moon is asking us if we feel expansive or restricted right now? Does our heart feel open and limitless or do we feel cooped up and boxed in? This is where the power of the Rose can come in to help us soften, relax and enter into a flow state with life. Gemini season can sometimes have the effect that we are too much in our thoughts and analytical thinking, rose invites us to drop from the head down into the heart. I invite you to pause for a moment, close your eyes and rest your hand on your heart. Breathe deeply and drop your awareness into your heart. Have there been things on your mind recently? Are there decisions that need to be made? How does it feel to answer those questions from the heart instead of the head?
– What are your aspirations?
– Do you feel free to explore?
– Where do you feel restricted?
– Do you operate from a place of lack or abundance?
– What does joy mean to you?
– How much time do you make for joy and play in your life?Each and every full moon is an opportunity to use the light of the moon to shine down on our inner shadows. Sagittarians honour freedom and adventure, are you in any way holding yourself or anyone else back from this freedom and expansion? If so, where is this coming from and how could you begin to move past this. Remember, not to judge yourself or others, ask these questions from the heart and stay connected to the softness of the rose. Often the root cause is fear, Sagittarius moon can help us to move beyond this fear.