MOTHERROOT SAMHAIN JOURNAL
October 2020 ~ 76 pages ~ $6.99
Autumn is here. The brilliant light of summer is stretching into the long shadows of Autumn. The air is more crisp and carries the promise of cooler temperatures and the coming darkness of winter. If we close our eyes and center, we can feel the urge to slow down, to focus inward, to take deeper breaths, and longer pauses. Tapping into the soul of the transition of the season allows us to honor inner and outer changes, and puts us in alignment with the natural order.
On these nights of worship and communion, we seek connection to our roots, our Ancestors – a remembrance, a glimpse, a whisper from those who have passed on. We honor their lives and gather in community to share and remember. We invoke the Liminal Goddesses to grant us safe passage on these wild, magickal nights and to allow messages through the thinning veils. Our offerings recognize these Goddesses and our loved ones who have passed into the embrace of the Dark Mothers.
***Upon purchase, you will be given immediate access to the digital journal. All MotherRoot Wisdom Journals come as a downloadable PDF. You may print on your home printer or enjoy it as a digital offering.
MotherRoot Samhain Content
- Scot’s Grey by Mary Petiet
- Welcome to Samhain Season
- Autumn Meditation by Michelle Boxley
- The Origins of Samhain by Karen Frasca
- Lunar Samhain by Renee Starr
- Symbols of Samhain
- Fall Quinoa & Black Rice Salad with Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- 6 Reasons to Eat More Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Goddesses
- Food Myths of Pumpkins, Gourds, and Squash
- Pumpkin Mushroom Soup for Samhain
- To Light a Flaming Pumpkin by Molly Remer
- Cerridwen’s Cauldron by Karen Frasca
- Understanding the Dark Goddess Ereshkigal by Brandi Auset
- Nephthys: Seeress, Shaman & Sister by Mary Lomando
- Melpomene: The Muse of Death and Tragedy by Elisa Boots
- Approaching the Dark Goddesses
- Santa Muerte
- Libitina & Funeral Rites
- Dark Goddess Reading List
- Dancing with OYA
- Ways to Welcome the Ancestors
- Book of the Dead
- Herbs & Oils for Working with Ancestors & Good Spirits
- Crystals for Working with Ancestors and Good Spirits
- Setting Up Your Ancestor Altar
- Food for the Ancestors A Dumb Supper
- Ancestor Magick Book List
- Sitting with the Dead
- Reaching through the Veils – Memories of Autumn Past
- Goddess Vendors We Love!
We wish you the Blessings of Samhain and all of the abundance that Goddess is offering. May you and your Beloveds be safe and well. MotherHouse and Mystery School of the Goddess are here to support you. Make sure you check in with us online to participate in the monthly Goddess meditations and healing circles.
Gaia does not require social distancing! Sync with our Mother Earth and allow her to be your touchstone in these challenging times. Be Blessed, Be Blessed, Be Blessed!
Priestess and Founder MotherHouse and Mystery School of the Goddess
Marisa McCall – Creative Editor MotherHouse of the Goddess
MotherRoot is a series of digital journals on myth, magick, and sacred living designed to tap our roots and sync to the soul seeds of Goddess that we carry within us. Our MotherRoot Wisdom Journals honor the seasonal soul, highlight our favorite topics and Goddesses, and share the magick that inspires our everyday sacred living. Dive into the featured Goddesses, chosen articles, recipes, and magick-making practices to see what resonates, what evokes re-membrance. Goddess is at the root of it all and MotherRoot seeks to make everyday a conscious step on the divine path back to source.