Course Title: ORACLE OF THE OGHAM
Format: Course includes 13 months of dark moon, and tree spirit wisdom, magic and divination delivered in 13 lessons, one each month – downloadable and printable
Guides/Instructors: Renee Starr
Investment: PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- PAY IN FULL for $100 (for the year) on registration link here
- 13 payments of $10 each month, paid via PayPal recurring payments – PLEASE CLICK HERE
Registration: register online
Length: Start ANYTIME – 13 months
In ancient times, many symbolic scripts served both mundane, and mystical purposes, and were carved into stones, wood, and onto cave walls as spells, divinations, incantations, and prayers. Like the runic alphabet, the ‘Ogham’, a word that comes from the ancient Gaelic, and means language, is pronounced o’um, or och’um, was also ‘cast’, or thrown down upon the ground, or a table for insight, and wisdom, but unlike runes, which have their roots in Nordic traditions, the Ogham hail from the Celtic lands, and have deep associations to 13 trees most sacred to the Druids, which the pagan peoples also worshipped with reverence.
There are two versions, or sets of the Ogham alphabet, and each one was traditionally carved onto sticks made from their corresponding sacred trees, and were called ‘staves’. The lunar calendar Ogham are carved upon the wood from these 13 trees:
- Birch, Rowan, Willow, Alder
- Ash, Hawthorn, Oak, Holly, Hazel
- Apple, Blackthorn, Yew, Elder
The full set of the Ogham alphabet are carved upon the wood from these 25 trees:
- Birch, Rowan, Alder, Willow, Ash,
- Hawthorn, Oak, Holly, Hazel, Apple
- Vine, Ivy, Reed, Blackthorn, Elder
- Silver Fir, Gorse, Heather, Poplar, Yew
- Aspen, Spindle, Beech, Guelder Rose, Wych Elm
The moon was also sacred to the Druids – most especially the dark, and full phases, and they developed a calendar based on 13 moons that corresponded with the 13 sacred trees. This lunar-tree calendar begins upon the eve of the pagan new year, which is celebrated on October 31st as the lunar cross-quarter festival of Samhain, and ends at the end of October, the following year. Traditions vary, and some align the calendar with the full moons, and some with the dark moons, and either way is absolutely ‘correct’, but for this course, we will be following the dark moons.
While this is a lovely course to begin in October, at the start of the pagan new year, you can enroll anytime – as you’ll have access to both the most current and past lessons upon enrollment, which you can use again and again, year after year. This is truly a keepsake course that takes you on a seasonal, magical, and meditative journey with the Ogham to flow with the rhythms of the year – and your own soul.
- Monthly Guidance of The Ogham
- Dark Moon Magic
- Sacred Tree Spirit Wisdom
- How to Enjoy This Course
- Ogham Sigils for Meditation
- Oracle for the End of The Pagan Year
- October Oracle of The Birch Moon
- November Oracle of The Rowan Moon
- A Brief History of the Ogham
- December Oracle of The Alder Moon
- Celtic Astrology: finding your birth tree
- January Oracle of The Willow Moon
- Making Your Own Ogham Staves
- February Oracle of The Ash Moon
- Making Tree Essences
- March Oracle of TheHawthornMoon
- Wand Magic
- April Oracle of The Oak Moon
- Celtic Goddesses
- May Oracle of The Holly Moon
- Casting the Ogham
- June Oracle of The Hazel Moon
- Candle Magic with The Ogham
- July Oracle of The Apple Moon
- Sacred Circle Invocation
- August Oracle of The Blackthorn Moon
- The Three Elements of The Druids
- September Oracle of The Yew Moon
- Ogham Journal & Meditation Page
- October Oracle of The Elder Moon
- An Ogham Prayer
- Course includes 13 months of dark moon, and tree spirit wisdom, magic and divination delivered in 13 lessons, one each month.
- Bonus Lessons are delivered throughout the year.
- Lessons are beautifully designed, downloadable, and printable.
Join anytime – you will have access to the most current and past lessons upon enrollment, which you can use again and again, year after year. This is truly a keepsake course that takes you on a seasonal, magical, and meditative journey with the Ogham to flow with the rhythms of the year – and your own soul.
- Tuition Options:
1 Payment of $100 for the year
13 payments of $10 each month, paid via PayPal recurring payments: see link below.
- Please use the enrollment link in the upper left to sign up in full: $100 for 13 months.
- 13 payments of $10 each month, paid via PayPal recurring payments.
- To begin your discounted 6 month Payment Plan: please CLICK HERE.
- Please note that once your payment processes, it is not refundable
- Please note that the date you start your payment plan is the same date that you will be charged each month.
- Also please note that the payment plan option is offered as a courtesy to you, and is a promise that you will pay off your enrollment in six installments. You are expected to honor this promise. Cancellations of your payments prior to paying off your enrollment in this course will prevent you from using the payment plan option for your future enrollment in any of my courses.
While it is not at all necessary to have your own set of Ogham staves to enjoy the course, you may however, wish to have your own set, as this helps to you to connect to the trees, and cast your own readings. I do not sell the Ogham, but am happy to refer you to where I purchased mine. These magical folk live in the UK, and craft the sets in the most traditional, and lovely of ways. Please CLICK HERE to shop for your Ogham sets, and know that I am not connected to this shop, and do not receive compensation of any kind for my referral.
I am so excited that you will be joining me for this very special offering…and I know that it’s very goddess-like to change your mind, but please note that your purchase of tuition is non-refundable.
© 2017 Renée Starr. All rights reserved. No part of this course may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief, cited quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to: email@example.com.