Course Title: Oracle of the Ogham – Dark Moon Magic & Tree Spirit Wisdom for the Pagan Year
Format: start anytime and get access to previous and current lessons
Guides/Instructors: Renee Starr
Investment: $100 annually
- MONTHLY PAYMENTS AVAILABLE: PLEASE CLICK HERE
Registration: register online
Length: 13 lessons – released monthly
In ancient times, many symbolic scripts served both mundane, and mystical purposes, and were carved into stones, wood, and onto cave walls as spells, divinations, incantations, and prayers. Like the runic alphabet, the ‘Ogham’, a word that comes from the ancient Gaelic, and means language, is pronounced o’um, or och’um, was also ‘cast’, or thrown down upon the ground, or a table for insight, and wisdom, but unlike runes, which have their roots in Nordic traditions, the Ogham hail from the Celtic lands, and have deep associations to 13 trees most sacred to the Druids, which the pagan peoples also worshipped with reverence.
There are two versions, or sets of the Ogham alphabet, and each one was traditionally carved onto sticks made from their corresponding sacred trees, and were called ‘staves’. The lunar calendar Ogham are carved upon the wood from these 13 trees:
- Birch, Rowan, Willow, Alder
- Ash, Hawthorn, Oak, Holly, Hazel
- Apple, Blackthorn, Yew, Elder
The full set of the Ogham alphabet are carved upon the wood from these 25 trees:
- Birch, Rowan, Alder, Willow, Ash,
- Hawthorn, Oak, Holly, Hazel, Apple
- Vine, Ivy, Reed, Blackthorn, Elder
- Silver Fir, Gorse, Heather, Poplar, Yew
- Aspen, Spindle, Beech, Guelder Rose, Wych Elm
The moon was also sacred to the Druids – most especially the dark, and full phases, and they developed a calendar based on 13 moons that corresponded with the 13 sacred trees. This lunar-tree calendar begins upon the eve of the pagan new year, which is celebrated on October 31st as the lunar cross-quarter festival of Samhain, and ends at the end of October, the following year. Traditions vary, and some align the calendar with the full moons, and some with the dark moons, and either way is absolutely ‘correct’, but for this course, we will be following the dark moons.
From October 19th, 2017 to October 8, 2018, you will journey with the 13 dark moons, and their associated sacred trees to learn their magic, wisdom, and insight that will guide you throughout the year. Just before each dark moon, I will call upon the trees, and cast a stave from the 13 stave lunar calendar set to reveal their special messages for the dark moon, the month, and the tree itself. As the staves can also be used for divination, I will cast another stave from the full set to receive a special message that is meant to guide you even deeper into the meaning of the month, and your own dark, wild, and lunar nature.
While this is a lovely course to begin in October, at the start of the pagan new year, you can enroll anytime – as you’ll have access to both the most current and past lessons upon enrollment, which you can use again and again, year after year. This is truly a keepsake course that takes you on a seasonal, magical, and meditative journey with the Ogham to flow with the rhythms of the year – and your own soul.
- Monthly Guidance of The Ogham
- Dark Moon Magic
- Sacred Tree Spirit Wisdom
- A Brief History of the Ogham
- Celtic Astrology: finding your birth tree
- Making Your Own Ogham Staves
- Making Tree Essences
- Celtic Goddesses
- Casting the Ogham
- Wand Magic
- And more!
- Course includes 13 months of dark moon, and tree spirit wisdom, magic and divination delivered in 13 lessons, one each month.
- Bonus Lessons are delivered throughout the year.
- Lessons are beautifully designed, downloadable, and printable.
Join anytime – you will have access to the most current and past lessons upon enrollment, which you can use again and again, year after year. This is truly a keepsake course that takes you on a seasonal, magical, and meditative journey with the Ogham to flow with the rhythms of the year – and your own soul.
- Tuition Options:
1 Payment of $100 for the year
13 payments of $10 each month, paid via PayPal recurring payments.
- Use the enrollment link in the upper left to sign up in full: $100 for 13 months.
- Please CLICK HERE to begin your 13 automatic, recurring monthly payments of $10 each month via PayPal. Please note that the date you start your payments is the same date that you will be charged each month, and if you sign up in the middle, or near the end of month, you will be receiving – and charged for the full month. There are no pro-rated, or partial month’s charges available. Within 24 hours of starting your payments, you will be invited to sign up with the email that is listed on your PayPal account. If this is not the correct email, please contact me as soon as possible.
While it is not at all necessary to have your own set of Ogham staves to enjoy the course, you may however, wish to have your own set, as this helps to you to connect to the trees, and cast your own readings. I do not sell the Ogham, but am happy to refer you to where I purchased mine. These magical folk live in the UK, and craft the sets in the most traditional, and lovely of ways. Please CLICK HERE to shop for your Ogham sets, and know that I am not connected to this shop, and do not receive compensation of any kind for my referral.
I am so excited that you will be joining me for this very special offering…and I know that it’s very goddess-like to change your mind, but please note that your purchase of tuition is non-refundable.
© 2017 Renée Starr. All rights reserved. No part of this course may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief, cited quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.